Social work is a profession that provides assistance or assistance in the form of services to individuals, groups, and communities in need Social work is one of the most rewarding careers that presents an opportunity to make a difference in an individual’s life.
If you are looking for Best Social Work Quotes, then browse through our collection of Best Social Work Quotes that we have collected from many sources on the internet. You can give social work quotes to encourage social workers, for the dedication they have given, they really deserve praise.
97 Best Social Work Quotes
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens.
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain.
- “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” – Mother Teresa.
- “It is not enough to be compassionate. You must act.” – Dalai Lama.
- “I believe, is the deep disappointment of not living up to your true calling, which is to help.” – Jenn Bruer.
- “To give requires good sense.” –
- “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes.
- “Helping others isn’t a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is.” – Liya Kebede.
- “I always wondered why somebody doesn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.” – Lily Tomlin.
- “Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier.” – Albert Schweitzer.
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” –
- “There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone’s life.” – Mary Rose Mcgeady.
- “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.” – Will Smith.
Quotes About Social Work
- “Evangelism without social work is deficient; social work without evangelism is impotent.” – John Mott.
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller.
- “When you want to help people, you don’t need no language – it’ll all be written on your face.” – Tamuna Tsertsvadze.
- “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” – Steve Maraboli.
- “Maybe you cannot give vision to a person, what if help him to see.” – Jagadeesh Kumar.
- “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.” – Roy T. Bennett.
Related : Motivational Quotes For Work
- “At this very moment, there are people only you can reach… and differences only you can make.” – Mike Dooley.
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill.
- “Service to humanity is service to God.” – Lailah Gifty Akita.
- “Not he who has much is rich, but he who gives much.” – Erich Fromm.
- “You can have everything you want in life if you just help enough people get what they want in life.” – Zig Ziglar.
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world.” – Anne Frank.
- “Being able to uplift others is the biggest miracle in the world.” – Sri Avinash Do.
Happy Social Work Month Quotes
- “I prefer to sit on the sidewalk and share a hotdog with a homeless person than sit at a fancy restaurant and have dinner with a billionaire.” – Abhijit Naskar.
- “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” – Angela Davis.
- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan.
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan.
- “One person’s sacrifice makes millions wake up from their sleep of indifference.” – Abhijit Naskar.
- “By helping others, you will learn how to help yourselves.” – Aung San Suu Kyi.
- “The most violent element in society is ignorance.” – Emma Goldman.
- “Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.” – Todd Stocker.
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Sam Levenson.
- “Social success is growing into a person that other people can depend on.” – Brene Brown.
- “As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
- “Kindness can transform someone’s dark moment with a blaze of light. You’ll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” – Amy Leigh Mercree.
Related : Work Hard Play Hard Quotes
- “Someone has to stand up to lift the world up.” – Abhijit Naskar.
- “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.” – Sally Koch.
- “Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “I fell in love with social work, and that was my undoing as a poet.” – Carl Rakosi.
- “Unless a bunch of lionhearts are sleepless for society, the society can never sleep in peace.” – Abhijit Naskar.
Short Social Work Quotes
- “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
- “Never underestimate your ability to make someone else’s life better – even if you never know it.” – Greg Louganis.
- “Life is not lived till it’s lived for others.” – Abhijit Naskar.
- “Politics is social work with power.” – Barbara Mikulski.
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill.
- “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge.
- “The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.” – Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy.
- “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others.” – Gordon B. Hinckley.
- “When you do ‘it’ right, Social Work is a feeling that is larger than your own life.” – Ogden W. Rogers.
- “Every shine which destroys the darkness of others is a holy shine!” – Mehmet Murat İldan.
- “To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.” – Pearl S. Buck.
- “You are not here in the world for yourself. You have been sent here for others. The world is waiting for you!” – Catherine Booth.
- “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” – William James.
- “The small charity that comes from the heart is better than the great charity that comes from the head.” – Ivan Panin.
Inspirational Social Work Quotes
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Unknown
Related : 30th Birthday Quotes
- “There is no greater joy, than being an ingredient in the joy of others.” – Abhijit Naskar.
- “When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” – Muhammad Ali.
- “To a social worker working for other is not a job, it is a joy.” – Amit Kalantri.
- “I’m most proud of helping so many others achieve their dreams as founders.” – David Cohen.
- “A life lived helping and serving others is always interesting and beneficial.” – Eric M. Watterson.
- “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
- “Social Work is the Art of Listening and the Science of Hope” – Unknown
- “There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone’s life.” – Mary Rose McGeady
- “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try” – Kennedy
- “Everyone has an invisible sign hanging from their neck saying, ‘Make me feel important.’ Never forget this message when working with people.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of justice.” – Martin Luther King
- “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept.” – Angela Davis
- “When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower.” –Alexander Den Heijer
- “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion”- Paulo Coelho
Motivational Social Work Quotes
- “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Never be a prisoner of your past, it was just a lesson, not a life sentence” – Unknown
- “Offer your hand, not your judgement” – Unknown
- “Be gentle with yourself, you’re doing the best you can” – Unknown
- “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” – Mother Teresa
Related : Funny Good Morning Quotes
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you” – Unknown
- “Be careful with your words, once they are said, they can be only forgiven, not forgotten” – Unknown
- “The happiest moments will also be a little sad” – Rebecca Pearson
- “Life’s most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “What you think you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create” – Buddha
- “Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” –Mother Teresa
- “Strong people stand for themselves. But the strongest people stand up for others” – Unknown
Other Social Work Quotes
- “The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service” – Longfellow
- “Let me do all the good I can, to all the people I can, as often as I can, for I shall not pass this way again.” – John Wesley
- “No one has ever become poor by giving”. – Anne Frank
- “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “At any given moment, you have the power to say, this is not how the story is going to end.”-
- “You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” – Jim Rohn
- “The more you care, the stronger you can be.” – Jim Rohn
- “Imagine all the little people living life in peace” – John Lennon
Thanks for viewing this collection of Best Social Work Quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media. Which of Best Social Work Quotes collections is your favorite? Don’t forget to comment on them down below!