Day Of The Dead is celebrated on the first and second days of November, with great pomp and joy. In Mexican culture, everyone commemorates the dead with music, debauchery and food, mourning is considered an insult to the dead.
If you are looking for Day Of The Dead Quotes, then browse through our collection of Day Of The Dead Quotes that we have collected from many sources on the internet.
Day Of The Dead Quotes
- “People are really dead when you forget about them, and if you think about them, they are alive in your mind, they are alive in your heart” – Mary J. Andrade.
- “Death is the gate of life.” – Bernard of Clairvaux.
- “This kind of thing happens alongside the more intimate observation of the family altar… They are not in opposition to one another.” – Claudio Lomnitz.
- “Old age. It’s the only disease that you don’t look forward to being cured of.” – Bernstein
- “People do not die for us immediately, but remain bathed in a sort of aura of life which bears no relation to true immortality but through which they continue to occupy our thoughts in the same way as when they were alive. It is as though they were traveling abroad.” – Marcel Proust.
- “People fear death even more then pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over.” – Jim Morrison.
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell.
- “From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.” – Edvard Munch.
- “He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.” – Antoine de Saint – Exupery.
- “After all, to the well – organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Rowling
Related : Hoe Quotes
- “But strew his ashes to the wind whose sword or voice has served mankind. And is he dead, whose glorious mind lifts thine on high?” – Thomas Campbell, ‘Hallowed Ground’.
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – Richard Puz.
- “A human life is a story told by God.” – Hans Christian Andersen.
- “God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled.” –
- “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
- “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.” – George Eliot.
- “Día de Muertos has begun! It’s the one night of the year our ancestors can come visit us.” – Abuelita
Quotes About Day Of The Dead
- “Death isn’t sad. The sad thing is: most people don’t live at all.” – Socrates
- “In Mexico, most of the activities and artistic displays connected with this holiday—including special food offerings, cemetery vigils, home altars, and the like—are a folk elaboration entirely separate from liturgical requirements.” – Stanley Brandes.
- “If there’s no one left in the living world to remember you, you disappear from this world. But you can change that!” – Hector
Related : Ghostface Quotes
- “Just a thin veil, between this world. And that world of beauty and love, just a thin veil that hides the view of our Spirit loved ones above!” – Gertrude Tooley Buckingham
- “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.” – Lois McMaster Bujold.
- “The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero.
- “For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.” – William Penn.
- “Thinking and talking about death need not be morbid; they may be quite the opposite. Ignorance and fear of death overshadow life, while knowing and accepting death erases this shadow.” – Lily Pincus.
- “We must be diligent today. To wait until tomorrow is too late. Death comes unexpectedly. How can we bargain with it?” –
- A day grows old as we do. Do not wish death upon it. Let it live, let it love, and only then should you let it rest in peace.” – Michelle C. Ustaszeski.
- “We never bury the dead, son. We take them with us. It’s the price of living.” – Mark Goffman and Jose Molina
- “I knew a man once who said, ‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.'” – Maximus, ‘Gladiator’.
Related : Possible Quotes and Shego Quotes
- “Oh, may I join the choir invisible of those immortal dead who live again.” – George Eliot.
Thanks for viewing this collection of Day Of The Dead Quotes ! Don’t forget to share them on social media. Which of Day Of The Dead Quotes collection is your favorite? Don’t forget to comment on them down below!